– 1 heaped tablespoon of self raising flour
– 1 heaped teaspoon of cocoa
– 1 teaspoon of sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
– 1 heaped tablespoon of butter, melted
– 2 tablespoons of milk
– A few pieces of chocolate or a spoonful of peanut butter or chocolate spread, jam even (optional)
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a mug. Make sure you get rid of any lumps. You should have a thick but runny batter.
2. Stick the optional goodies into the middle of the batter.
3. Microwave for 60 seconds.
I would have included a couple of photos of this instant happiness (i.e. chocolate mug cake), but I eat it as quickly as it cooks!
This cake is great for any occasion – post-surgery, pre-surgery, when you’re on IVF drugs, when you’re off IVF drugs…