Ok, so I had my EC this morning. I got a 9:20am slot, which meant I needed to get in there by 8:20am. I was pretty happy with that – no waiting around all morning 🙂
So I’ve obviously recovered well enough to post! And this is after watching two hours of on-demand TV on my laptop. I don’t know if there is any correlation, but I feel as that because I’m able to give more information to the anaethesist about how I have reacted after the past few surgeries, she was able to tailor the meds a bit more to suit me. So yeah, I’m feeling relatively good. Haven’t even had to have a nap, although I do plan to soon.
The bad news? Well, it’s not really bad news. But this time around they managed to collect 10 eggs. It made me a bit upset, as the previous lowest number I’ve ever had is 13. And I know it’s about quality, not quantity, and compared to other people it’s a high number, blah blah blah. But for us, obviously, getting eggs has never been the problem. But to put it into context, out of the past 43 eggs collected, 8 have fertilised and developed enough (that’s less than 20%, in our situation the stats are typically 50%) and of those 8 only 2 have been unaffected (that’s 25%, stats are 50% exactly). And don’t forget there’s only a 30% chance that an ET will be successful. So based on that, we go from 10 eggs, to 2 eggs, to 1 egg to…. I know, it’s not an exact science, but I’m just going off my IVF history.
Yes, I’m over thinking. But this is my fourth back-to-back stimmie cycle and EC.
Anyway, I had a different doctor doing the EC today as my usual was on leave. The new doc was very nice. I also had a great anaethesist. Sounds silly, but the surgery felt like an “experience” rather than a clinical procedure. Although the nursing staff on this time seemed much more blergh. Previously they’ve been excellent. Not that any of that is relevant. All there is to it now is for me to wait until next week. I should find out on Tuesday how many embryos we have for testing and then find out on Wednesday how many biopsied embryos are suitable for transfer/freezing. Best case scenario: we get to do a transfer on Thursday and end up with a super healthy baby by early October!
Fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed.
Oh, and starting the Endometrin tomorrow… gross!